Physical touch is my second greatest love language.
There is something in this world that I call “magic hands.” It’s essentially someone who has a gentle, healing touch. I think that this can often come from someone you really care about transmitting love through their hands, but I also think certain people are just gifted with healing hands. Using physical touch as a love language seems super obvious; kissing, hugging, massages, and intimacy seem to be pretty simple concepts to grasp. Someone with physical touch as a top LL, though, will tell you that it’s even more than that. Here are a few ways you can make your partner feel loved through the gift of touch:
- Hold their hand when you’re out and about. Showing affection in public is actually a really special thing to most people with this as a primary love language. Whether it’s putting your arm around them or grabbing their hand, these are both ways to make someone feel really taken care of while you’re running errands or having a date night.
- Another reason some people love physical touch in public is because it connects with the affirmation part of a LL, and makes your partner feel like you are proud to be out with them. By gently holding hands with your significant other you are showing that you are connected to them in a romantic way, and that you have given up pursuing anyone else for the joy of being with them.
- Putting your arm around your partners shoulder or waist while you’re watching a movie is a subtly sweet way to show love. Being together is the most important thing about physical touch — it doesn’t matter where you are or what you are doing, as long as you are close.
- Massage is a form of physical touch that can bond a couple, but it can even be healing in a platonic relationship. A massage from a romantic partner, however, is a great way to show your other half that you love them and are able to be selfless in your relationship.
- Kissing is a great way to show someone you love them. Different spots make you feel a different kind of love, though. A kiss on the lips is passionate and romantic, while a kiss on the forehead is sweet and tender. Kissing someone on the hand is more submissive and adoring, and a kiss on the cheek is a friendly way to show love.
Everyone has different ways they feel especially loved through physical touch. Some people really enjoy hand holding, others want hugs and kisses. Regardless of your physical touch style, it is a very important part of a romantic relationship, as it isn’t as common in other relationships in your life. It’s a way that can make people feel safe and taken care of. By implementing these practices in your everyday life, your romance will blossom even more and both of you will reap the benefits of this love language.