Today is Sunday, but it feels like Saturday or Monday or Wednesday! Let’s face it — they all feel the same at this point.
Yesterday I decided I need to have a little more of a routine through all of this. I woke up at a reasonable hour today, and started my morning with some of the new assignments I have. I’m going to learn new skills in the kitchen a few times a week — two days ago I learned how to use the InstantPot, and tomorrow I’d like to learn how to make a quiche or other breakfast food involving spinach and eggs — and have a set workout routine that I must stick with. I decided to take up Pilates again, and found a good little YouTube video yesterday to begin. Something I really like about Pilates is that your workout just feels so dang good while you’re stretching. It’s composed of such tiny movements that Pilates work some muscles that you don’t even realize are there, and the next day you’re shocked with how sore some of your little muscles are.
Some things on my to do list this week are:
- Finish cleaning out my closet, and find someone to donate all my clothing to.
- Bake a healthy dessert that doesn’t taste healthy at all.
- Find one new small business to support.
- Spend 10 minutes/day refreshing my memory on some good, elementary US history.
- Try a new food. This week I discovered that I do, in fact, like Caesar salads, despite refusing to try them for 29 years.
- Call one friend or family member every day, just to catch up.
These are all super doable and will make some of the time spent indoors feel more productive. What are you doing to make your day feel worthwhile?